Certificate in SharePoint
- Course Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- How To Enroll
Today's distributed work environment often creates the need for managers, employees, and customers to be able to communicate with each other from different physical locations. SharePoint gives you the ability to work in collaboration from many locations. This technology creates a complete intranet, giving access to documents, ideas, important links, and communications.
Our Chancellor's Certificate covers the collaboration features of SharePoint, as well as how to integrate with Office products, store and manage the lifecycle of documents, customize lists, and handle user access. The certificate includes courses using Power Automate, Microsoft's Office 365 application for creating workflows, automating processes, handling approvals, and enhancing your SharePoint site.
- Understand the basic features and structure of SharePoint in order to quickly and efficiently navigate your site.
- Foster communication and collaboration across your organization by using your SharePoint site to store, retrieve, and share data and documents.
- Build out a complete intranet to fit your organization's needs and best present your information.
- Write flows and approvals to automate your business processes.
- Integrate SharePoint with other Office products to create a shared productivity environment.
- Administer and secure your SharePoint site by managing permissions for specific work groups or tasks.
If you want to sign up for the certificate online, enter CT814-X9014 for the SharePoint certificate code.
Certificate Class Requirements
A minimum of 52 hours is required - 26 hours from Core Courses, 13 hours from Automation, and 13 hours from Electives.
Core Courses (26 hours required)
- Introduction to SharePoint
- Intermediate Applications of SharePoint
- Advanced Applications of SharePoint: Level 1
- Advanced Applications of SharePoint: Level 2
Automation & Flows (13 hours required)
- Introduction to Power Automate
- Intermediate Applications of Power Automate
- Advanced Applications of Power Automate
Electives (13 hours required)
You can choose any of the listed in the categories above (Automation) that have not been applied as a Core Course to be used as an elective.
You can also choose electives from the list below. (These courses give you experience in working with other applications that work with or enhance your SharePoint site.)
Or any classes listed in the categories above that have not been applied to a category can be used as an elective.
If you want to sign up for the certificate online, enter CT814-X9014 for the SharePoint Certificate code.
You should be proficient with the Windows or Macintosh environment and be able to find files, create folders, organize and manage files and folders, work with multiple windows, and share data between applications via the Clipboard. You should also have experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
How to Enroll
- Call 314-984-9000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to enroll.
- You can also enroll online as all certificate applications are listed in the Course Category List under Certificate. To enroll in a certificate online click here.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25.00 which covers processing, recordkeeping, and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send you a confirmation and "Notification of Completion" form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in SharePoint.
If you want to sign up online, the Certificate Registration Code is CT814-X9014 for the SharePoint Certificate.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes will also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.