Certificate in Programming
- Course Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- How To Enroll
In today's business environment, programmers need to be highly skilled in a systematic approach to analysis, design, and development of computer programs. This Chancellor's Certificate program provides you with:
- Practical knowledge of at least two programming languages with additional study in at least one of the languages to enhance your marketability.
- Skills to write, compile, debug, and execute programs.
- A fundamental understanding of programming concepts and how they apply to procedural and object-oriented languages.
- Standard techniques and programming logic that will help you solve practical problems.
- Ways to find and correct errors in your programs.
This certificate is recommended for individuals who want to learn and enhance their knowledge of programming languages and for those involved in programming who want to update their skills, including developers, programmers, analysts, and IS managers.
If you want to sign up for the certificate online, enter CT807-X9007 for the Programming Certificate code.
Certificate Class Requirements
A minimum of 65 hours is required - 26 hours from Introductory, 26 hours from Intermediate, and 13 hours from Advanced. You must choose a minimum of one complete series of Introductory through Advanced courses in one language.
Introductory(minimum 26 hours required)
- Introduction to Visual C# Programming
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Introduction to Python Programming
Intermediate(minimum 26 hours required)
Advanced (minimum 13 hours required)
You should have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of programming. Specifically, you should be familiar with basic programming structures, output statements, constants, assignment statements, input statements, string and numeric variable types, conditionals, and branching and looping control structures. (If you are unfamiliar with these topics, you should take "Introduction to Programming Concepts.")
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
How to Enroll
- Call 314-984-9000 or e-mail email@example.com for information on how to enroll.
- You can also enroll online as all certificate applications are listed in the Course Category List under Certificate. To enroll in a certificate online click here.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25.00 which covers processing, recordkeeping, and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send you a confirmation and "Notification of Completion" form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in Programming.
If you want to sign online, the Certificate Registration Code is CT807-X9007 for the Programming Certificate.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes will also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.