Certificate in Data Analysis
- Course Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- How To Enroll
Data Analysis Certificate
With the amount of data available to organizations, there is a need for software tools that provide effective analysis, visualizations, and information for decision-making. Whether you are in Marketing & Sales, Supply Chain & Operations, Human Resources, Accounting & Finance, Customer Service, or Administration, data analysis will touch some part of your job.
This Chancellor's Certificate is designed to help you understand and use the tools needed for making sense of your data. The certificate's three areas - core classes, data analysis & visualization, and electives - give you the flexibility to choose the path that applies to your experience level and job category.
- Practical skills for creating effective SQL queries and handling data with SQL.
- How to use the data analysis software tools in demand by businesses and employers.
- How to design visuals to add impact to your data and to tell your story.
- An understanding of how data is organized and how to manage relationships between various data sets.
If you want to sign up for the certificate online, enter CT816-X9016 for the Data Analysis Certificate code.
Certificate Class Requirements
A minimum of 78 hours is required - 26 hours from Core Courses, 19.5 hours from Data Analysis and Visualization, and 32.5 hours from Electives.
Core Courses (minimum 26 hours required, 13 of which need to be Advanced SQL Queries: Levels 1 & 2)
- Introduction to SQL
- Intermediate Applications of SQL
- Advanced Applications of SQL
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 1
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 2
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 3
- SQL Query Optimization
Data Analysis and Visualization (minimum 19.5 hours required)
(Choose one of the three tracks. You must complete at least three courses in one of the three tracks. You can take additional classes (beyond three) in any of the tracks and use them as electives.)
- Introduction to Tableau
- Intermediate Applications of Tableau
- Advanced Applications of Tableau: Level 1
- Advanced Applications of Tableau: Level 2
- Introduction to R
- Intermediate Applications of R
- Advanced Applications of R: Level 1
- Advanced Applications of R: Level 2
- Introduction to Power BI
- Intermediate Power BI
- Advanced Power BI: Level 1
- Advanced Power BI: Level 2
- Advanced Power BI: Level 3
- Advanced Power BI: Level 4
Electives (minimum 32.5 hours required)
Or any classes listed in the categories above (Core Courses or Data Analysis and Visualization) that have not been applied to a category can be used as an elective.
Experience with Excel or with a database program.
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within a 24 month window. You can apply classes that you have previously taken at the Computer Education & Training Center as long as you complete all classes towards the certificate within 24 months of the first class attended and applied towards the certificate.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
How to Enroll
- Call 314-984-9000 or e-mail email@example.com for information on how to enroll.
- You can also enroll online as all certificate applications are listed in the Course Category List under Certificate. To enroll in a certificate online click here.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25.00 which covers processing, recordkeeping, and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send you a confirmation and "Notification of Completion" form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in Data Analysis.
If you want to sign up online, the Certificate Registration Code is CT816-X9016 for the Data Analysis Certificate.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes can also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.