What is Adobe After Effects?
Adobe After Effects is a sophisticated software tool for creating various video compositions, animations and special effects. It has been used in major movie productions such as Iron Man and Star Trek. After Effects is popular with people producing video for the web, corporate applications, television, movies, and commercials. It has almost become an industry standard.
While After Effects is similar in approach to many video editing packages, it is intended to enhance rather than replace video packages. For instance, you would use Premiere for general video editing projects. You would use After Effects for short sequences in the editing project to provide special effects.
After Effects has more than 200 special effects. With it, you can:
- Animate text and shapes
- Design creative title sequences
- Insert new objects and add motion to the objects
- Combine many layers into one screen
- Add rain or snowfall to your video
- Add hundreds of other special effects
After Effects Classes
Our After Effects course will teach you to add special effects to video that was edited in Adobe Premiere or another video editing program. You will learn to:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the After Effects interface and workspace to streamline workflows
- Create stunning, professional-grade motion graphics and visual effects
- Explore some of After Effect's 200+ plug-in effects to create, composite, and stylize 2D assets
- Work with layers, transparency, time, and music features to create dynamic projects