Certificate in Web Programming & Databases
- Course Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- How To Enroll
Web Programming & Databases Certificate
With the growth in Web site development and implementation, there is a need for individuals who can design and produce Web applications that add interactivity with scripts and databases.
In this Chancellor's Certificate program, you'll learn to:
- Design, install, and maintain Web-based applications.
- Construct dynamic Web pages.
- Develop applications that interact with server-based components, such as business objects.
- Maintain databases, including writing to a database, and updating and deleting records.
If you want to register online, the Certificate Registration Code is X9009 for the Web Programming & Databases.
Certificate Class Requirements
You can earn this certificate in one of these two ways:
- Complete a minimum of 48 hours in the Web Programming & Database classes specified below - 12 hours from SQL, 24 hours from Server-Side Technologies, and 12 hours from Electives.
- Complete the Chancellor's Certificate in Web Page Design and then take an additional 42 hours in the classes specified below - 12 hours from SQL, 24 hours from Server-Side Technologies, and 6 hours from Electives.
SQL (minimum 12 hours required)
- Introduction to SQL or Fundamentals of SQL Using Oracle: Level 1
- Intermediate Applications of SQL or Fundamentals of SQL Using Oracle: Level 2
- Advanced Applications of SQL or Fundamentals of SQL Using Oracle: Level 3
Server-Side Technologies (minimum 24 hours required)
Electives (minimum 12 hours required)
Or any classes listed in the categories above that have not already been applied can be used as an elective.
You should be proficient with HTML, specifically tables and forms. If you do not have these skills, you should take Intermediate and Advanced Applications of HTML.
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
How to Enroll
Complete the application form and return it with your $25 nonrefundable fee to the address indicated. This fee covers processing, recordkeeping, and certificate costs. After the application form and fee are processed, we will send you a confirmation letter and Notification of Completion form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form. We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in Web Programming & Databases.
If you want to register online, the Certificate Registration Code is X9009 for the Web Programming & Databases Certificate.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class and will earn at least 4.8 CEUs when you complete this certificate. The hours you complete in these classes will also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.