Chancellor's Certificate Programs
- Which is Right for You?
- General Requirements
- Certificate FAQ
- How To Enroll
Benefits of a Certificate Program
The Computer Education & Training Center offers 10 Specialized Chancellor's Certificates to provide you with the technical knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience to increase your value to your organization and to enhance your professional development.
Why should you pursue a specialized certificate?
- Explore a new career or a career change.
- Update and strengthen your current computing knowledge and increase your value to your organization.
- Use the certificate to demonstrate your computer skills to current and potential employers.
- Learn specific, targeted computer skills and earn credentials for proof of concentrated study.
- Use the certificate program as a guide for a course of study.
Earning one of our specialized certificates can show employers your desire to enhance job skills and productivity. You learn the specific computer skills you need and earn a Chancellor's certificate to show your achievements. A specialized certificate can also be your reward for pursuing a challenging area of computer study.
Employers can trust the quality of the computer training they purchase. We have established standards, including time limits and course requirements, to ensure the certificates earned are current, meaningful, and valuable to your organization.
Which Certificate Is Right for You?
CETC offers 10 specialized certificates, as well as the overall Chancellor's Certificate.
Overall Chancellor's Certificate
- Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer
- Complete 96 hours of course work to receive your Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer. There are no specified required courses for this certificate.
- Web Page Design
- Learn how to create effective Web pages, using HTML and page design applications.
- Web Scripting & Interactivity
- Learn the scripting necessary for interactive Web pages that heighten the user experience.
- Web Programming & Databases
- Include databases and dynamic Web pages on your site. Learn to design, install, and maintain Web-based applications.
- This certificate covers the collaboration features of SharePoint, as well as how to integrate with Office products, store and secure data, customize lists, and manage user access.
- Business Applications
- Develop skills in spreadsheet, database, and office productivity.
- If you use Excel to input and manage data - from daily budgets and expense accounts to long-range planning documents - find new ways to be more efficient and productive.
- Database Technology
- Learn database technology and database design.
- Learn and enhance your knowledge of programming languages.
- Electronic Art & Publishing
- For those producing layout and artwork. Three areas include desktop publishing, graphics, and image editing.
- Digital Graphics
- Develop skills to create digital graphics for use in print, on the Web, and in multimedia.
Our specialized certificate programs provide confirmation that you have completed a particular area of computer study. We have established standards, including time limits and course requirements, to ensure the certificate you earn is current, meaningful, and valuable to you, the student, and to employers.
- Requirements for the specialized certificates vary. Be sure to read the requirements for the certificate of interest to you carefully.
- Only courses listed in the certificate description will be accepted toward the certificate.
- All classes must be completed within the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within two years of your application date.
- You are required to complete any prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
- A class can be applied to only one specialized certificate.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis; submitting your application and paying the fee does not guarantee a seat in any class. Please plan to register early.
- You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete towards a specialized certificate will also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.
- Due to the rapid and ongoing changes that occur in software development, the Computer Education & Training Center cannot guarantee which versions or which software will be offered. Classes are reviewed periodically. Some classes may be dropped and others added.
Frequently Asked Specialized Certificate Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about specialized certificate programs available through the Computer Education & Training Center.
For further information, call (314) 984-9000 or e-mail email@example.com.
How is the Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer different from a specialized certificate?
To earn the Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer, you do not have to complete an application form, there are no specified required classes, and there is currently no time limit to complete the 96 hours of classes. To earn a specialized certificate, you must complete an application form and fulfill the specific requirements described for each certificate within the time specified.
Is there a difference in the registration process for specialized certificate classes?
There is no difference when you register for any particular class. To obtain a specialized certificate, however, you must complete an application form and pay a one-time $25 nonrefundable application fee for each certificate. Be sure to carefully read the specific requirements listed in our catalog or on-line course listing.
Why can't I count classes I took more than 24 months ago?
We've set standards for the specialized certificates because we want the certificates to be current, meaningful, and valuable for our students and to employers. These standards include specific class and hour requirements and the time frame in which the certificate must be completed.
How To Enroll and Obtain Your Specialized Certificate
Call (314) 984-9000, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or download your specialized certificate application form. Return the application with your $25 nonrefundable fee to the address indicated. This fee covers processing, recordkeeping, and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application form and fee, we will send you a confirmation letter and "Notification of Completion" form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the form by mail or FAX.
Upon verification of successful completion of all requirements, we will send you your specialized Chancellor's Certificate.