- How to Register
- Registration Information
- Request Information
Ways to Register
There are many ways to register for our classes.
New Online Registration System is available and you can pay online via MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. We have launched a new system to make it easier to keep track of your coursework and upcoming classes. For more information, [Click Here]
Charge with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express by calling (314) 984-9000.
Fax your registration form to (314) 966-0409.
Complete the registration form and mail or fax it with full payment to:
University of Missouri-St. Louis
Computer Education & Training Center
12837 Flushing Meadows Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Upon receipt of your registration, you will receive a confirmation notice and a map by e-mail or return mail. Please register early to ensure timely receipt of this information.
Check Class Status
Currently, you can check your registration status to verify your enrollment or find out your place on a waiting list. You can also view your transcript of completed courses on-line, or check class status to find out if space is available in a particular course. A complete list of full classes is also available on the Web.
Registration Office Hours
The registration office for the Computer Education & Training Center (CETC) is located in West County, at 12837 Flushing Meadows Dr., St. Louis, MO 63131. The registration office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
Payment of Fees
The registration fee for each course is shown below the course description. Checks should be made payable to the University of Missouri-St. Louis. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are also accepted. Please note that payment of fees is due in full prior to the start of your class. You are not officially registered until your payment has been received. Course fees include all course materials. No additional purchases are required.
In order to be invoiced, you must fill out the registration form and attach authorization and billing information, including the name and signature of the person responsible for payment. Please note the cancellation and refund policies. Non-payment or failure to abide by payment policies will result in loss of invoicing rights.
Cancellation, Withdrawal & Refunds
The University reserves the right to cancel any program. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified immediately, and course fees will be refunded or applied to a future program at your request.
If you must cancel your registration, or if you want to transfer to another class, call (314) 984-9000 by 9:00 a.m. two business days prior to the start of a day class and by 5:00 p.m. two business days prior to the start of an evening class to guarantee a refund or to ensure a transfer. Refunds will not be given after a course begins. There is a limit of one transfer per class.
Substitutions are allowed at any time prior to the beginning of the course. If you are unable to attend but would like another employee to attend in your place, contact the registration office with the necessary information to make the change.
Alumni Association Member Discount
Become a member of the University of Missouri-St. Louis Alumni Association and receive a 10% discount on Computer Education & Training Center classes. Call (314) 516-5833 for more information.
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early for your first class session to check in and receive your course materials. Day class check-in for Computer Education & Training Center classes begins at 7:45 a.m. Evening class check-in begins at 5:30 p.m. Go to the registration area on the first floor in the center of the building.
Course fees include all parking charges for courses. No permit is required for parking at the West County Continuing Education Center.
Parking can be accessed off Flushing Meadows Drive or two entrances off Hidden Creek Court. Parking is available both in front and behind the building. Handicap-accessible parking is located at the front of the building. No permit is required for classes at the Computer Education & Training Center in West County.
You will be given an hour for lunch. Restaurants are located nearby (within a 5- to 10-minute drive). There are vending machines and a small student lounge in the building for eating lunch.
No child-care facilities are available. Children who are not registered for a class cannot accompany students to classes or be left unattended at the facilities during classes.
Bringing Your Own USB (Flash) Drive
If you would like to save your class work in order to take it home with you, you may bring your own USB flash or thumb drive. Flash drives can be used in most of our classes.
The University of Missouri complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Persons requiring auxiliary aids should contact the Director of Disability Access Services, (314) 516-5228, at least two weeks prior to the first class session for assessment and assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about the Computer Education & Training Center at University of Missouri-St. Louis and the West County Continuing Education Center. For further information, call (314) 984-9000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How early should I register for these courses?
- Registrations are accepted up until the day of the course if space is available. However, classes can fill up soon after the catalog is mailed so it is best to register as soon as possible. The registration office will also place your name on a waiting list if a class is full and contact you if someone cancels.
- How do I find out if a class is full?
- Call the registration office, (314) 984-9000, between 7:30am and 5:30pm Monday through Thursday or from 7:30am to 5:00pm Friday, and talk with a member of our registration staff. You may also e-mail email@example.com, or use our on-line form. And finally, a list of which classes are full is also available on the web. The list is updated several times each day.
- When will these courses be offered again?
- We offer classes continuously throughout the year. View our online course schedule to locate upcoming classes.
- How can I get on the mailing list to receive future brochures?
- If you would like to be on our mailing list and receive future brochures, call, (314) 984-9000, or use our on-line service. New catalogs are printed and mailed approximately six times a year.
- Where are the classes held?
- Classes are held at our West County Computer Education Center near the intersection of I-270 and Manchester Road.
- Are there tests or grades given?
- No. All our classes are noncredit courses and are designed for professional development without the pressure of tests and grades.
- What are CEUs?
- CEUs are Continuing Education Units, which record your efforts toward personal and professional growth and are kept on record at the University of Missouri. One CEU is awarded for each 10 hours of class participation.
- How do I earn a Chancellor's Certificate?
- If you attend 96 hours of our computer classes, you will receive the Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer . You can also sign up for a Specialized Certificate that focuses on a particular subject area.
- How long are the courses and how often do classes meet?
- Day classes usually are one or two days long. Evening classes run two or four evenings. Check our current class schedule for more information.
- Will I have to buy any books or other materials?
- All materials are supplied, including handouts and exercises, and are included in the course fee. There are no additional charges.
- Do I have to follow the prerequisites? How do I know what "equivalent experience" is?
Many courses list prerequisites or equivalent experience. This is because our classes are designed in sequence and the instructor for a course will assume you have mastered the skills from the previous course in the sequence.
Occasionally, some students will have extensive experience in a software package or operating system and will be able to skip a prior course. If you think you may have the equivalent experience necessary to skip a course in sequence, read carefully over the course description for the course you want to skip. Make sure that you are thoroughly familiar with the topics and commands listed before you decide to skip a prerequisite.
If you have questions about your experience level, call Paul Westermann at (314) 984-9000.
- How do I register for classes?
- You can register by mail, phone, or fax. Click the How to Register tab above for more information.
Fill out the form below and we will email you the information you've requested. Use the tab key to move from field to field. Click the send button below when you are finished.